Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mark You Calendars! October 30

Today, we shift focus away from our usual discussions about the law to, once again, make room for some of my self-promotion.

I am pleased to announce that on October 30, 2008 at 5:30 p.m., I will present a seminar here in the firm's Miami office called "An Ounce of Prevention." It will focus on small things you can do to limit or minimize your risk of exposure to litigation irrespective of whether you are an employer or employee.

I expect to focus on personal and business tools that impact everyone - e-mail and computer networks, employee manuals/policies, customer lists and business forms. These areas are not industry specific, but meant to be geared towards everyone.

I promise to make the event as entertaining as possible and will take great pains to avoid making this like a law school lecture. I may even get fancy and have a powerpoint presentation with pictures and everything. You don't want to miss this.

In a down economy, everything you can do to limit your risks is a plus. I invite all of you and hope you can come. After all, you may just learn something you can use.

No comments: