Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Something Different

Happy Wednesday. Ordinarily - as you know - I dedicate this blog to all matters legal that I think might impact you or your business. Today, I've decided to use my time to tell you about something I just ran into at the bookstore. That's right, I am shilling for a cause.

I stopped by Border's on my way back from a meeting. At the counter, I saw that for the ridiculously low sum of $2.99 you can donate a book to children in need. That's right - books!! Paper, ink and binding. You almost forgot they existed, didn't you?

I like this cause and, at the price, who can say it's too much. Giving children the opportunity to read and learn for $2.99 is something I think men, women, democrats, conservatives, republicans, liberals, religious zealots and agnostics can all agree is a great cause.

So, stop by your local Borders and give kids the chance to learn. It costs less than Starbucks - not that I want you miss out on your afternoon caffeine jolt.

P.S. - Borders is not a client and I get nothing for this. In fact, Borders doesn't even know I'm doing this.

No comments: